The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Friday, January 28, 2011

Blog Love


This blog is a beautiful thing.

For some reason everytime I post a personal poker challenge or goal on this blog, things immediately turn around at the table.

Yesterday I was flopping sets, turning sets, making good bluffs and it was one of those days where pretty much everything was going right. Not to mention that yesterday my roommate introduced me to "Jackson Market," which could very possibly be the best sandwich spot in the L.A. area. That's definitely disputable but this place is the truth. It's on some small side street in Culver City behind the Sony Studios but if you're ever in the area you should look it up.

One interesting hand that took place yesterday:

$5/10, I'm in Small Blind (SB).

Everyone folds to button who makes it $45 in an obvious steal attempt. I look down at 99 and consider raising, then decide that I'll let him c-bet any flop and check raise him because I'm 100% sure he's c-betting. Big Blind (BB) also calls.

Flop comes K66 rainbow. I check, BB checks, button bets $80. I check raise him to $200 and he insta-calls. Now I'm guessing he has a king and I'll probably shut down. Turn: 9. Bingo, Bongo, Bango. Or something like that.

I lead for $400, he asks me how much I have and I give him the count ($600 left) and he goes all-in. Call! He turns over 67 off as if it's the nuts and we start stacking.

I love Denver -9.5 in Cleveland and OKC -10.5 at home against he Wiz today.

Four Years mis amigos.

Day 1: +$4430

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad ur back bloggingp