The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My WSOP tournament losses



I played three WSOP tournaments: the first 1k stimulus tournament and two $1500 tournaments. Due to so much missed time on here and me trying to slowly get back into the habit of writing, I'm going to break these up. I've also added a bunch of pictures to the side bar "famous foes," I'm sure you'll recognize some and won't recognize some.

In the first tournament I went deep into the 12th level, which was around 1:00 a.m. on the first day or so. I played fairly strong the entire day until the last couple levels. Basically what happened was somehow we had a huge fish with a huge stack at our table. So I tried to get involved in hands with him and it backfired. I called him down with KJ on a jack high board and he had aces. I was amazed that some horrible players had deep stacks late in the tournament.

This was my first real tournament experience and it's just amazing how many guys shove with A7 or better and get lucky by spiking an ace against any random pocket pair. There was one guy at my table late in the day who treated his ace-rags like they were kings.

Anyways I played day 1a with nearly 3000 players and it was estimated that if day 1b was the same, roughly 500-600 players would be paid. We were down to about 350 players in day 1a when I busted out. The part that really sucked was that when I was leaving the room they announced "Congratulations players, you've all made it to day two." Lol.

One thing that did really suck about the tournament was my first break. I headed to the bathroom to take a piss. I was in the middle of my piss when every single toilet in the bathroom (at least 20 toilets) started overflowing simultaneously. Great. Dirty piss water all over my Jordans.

This would be a sign of things to come.

4 comments:

The D.E.F.I. said...

Damn, rough ride. I'm loling at the bathroom story right now, but I know I'd be extra heated if it had happened to me. That would've been enough to put me on tilt all by itself.

I noticed Candace Michelle in the famous foes section. Who's the chick just below her?

The D.E.F.I. said...

CORRECTION: I meant Tiffany Michelle, not Candace Michelle. lol.

crookedlink said...

I think that other girl is Kate Nguyen, just a random hot asian chick.

She cashed once earlier this series in a $1,500 event, probably the same one Kev played.

Chris said...

i heard rumors you was broke,glad they weren't true, love your blog, and crookedlinks too :)

shitty run in vegas, im sure thinks will pick up soon, GL