The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Friday, August 14, 2009

7k in 7days final results



I'm gonna be completely honest here. When I said I was going for $7k in seven days, I thought I could do it but I also felt that it was unlikely. It basically meant that I had to win every day an average of a thousand (obviously) without losing. This sounds simple enough but it's very easy to have two, three, or even more losing sessions out of seven sessions. And when factoring that in, I would have to average about $2k per session to counter the losses.

Then my first session I lost, although it was a small loss of under $200. After that I didn't have another losing session and had my best weekend ever (I think).

I played the $500 game at Hollywood Park most of the time. The game is a $5/10 no limit game with no cap. The players are 90% regulars but it's a beatable game and when a fish comes in the game it's not too tough to capitalize. This is where I had my big sessions. One session I was into the game for $3500 (bought in for $1500, then $2000) and ended up over $4600.

I was actually able to take my last day in Los Angeles off to run some errands, pick up some bathing suits and stuff for Hawaii and pack for my two-week trip to Hawaii and Seattle, which I'm in the middle of. I ended up not only making the $7k, but more than doubling my goal, which is great for me considering I was looking at the next two weeks possibly with no poker at all.

Anyways, here are my numbers from my personal $7k in 7 days:

Day 1: -$170
Day 2: +$4320
Day 3: +$810
Day 4: +$1470
Day 5: +$4665
Day 6: +$3680
Total: +$15070

4 years..

1 comment:

The D.E.F.I. said...

Nice work, son. $15K?? Man. I'd be happy with building myself up over $500 at this point. lol. That beat on Wed. pissed me off, b/c I played the hand so well. Anyways, congrats.