The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ran Good for a Day...

...and it felt fantastic.

Check out these bets (click image to enlarge):


I meant to hedge the Lakers/Jazz bet because it was the sixth leg of my parlay and all five were in the books, but I didn't get it in before the game started. So the Lakers took a 12 point lead into halftime and I decided to hedge it at halftime, Jazz -0.5. This actually worked much better because it gave me a huge window to win both the parlay and second bet. As long as the Lakers won by 6-11 points, I win both bets and they did it. I also got lucky as fuck with the Giants, who managed a homerun in the 9th inning to send the game into extra innings.

During the day I was playing the 300-500 buy-in game at Hollywood Park. This is a $5/5 blind game and for some reason it tends to suck but I've recently been playing lower because of my losing. Anyways I played tight as fuck partially due to myself trying to play tight and partially due to never getting anything. I ended up losing $500 in this game when it broke. Somehow the donks are just dominating this game recently.

I put my name on the list for the $200 game and decided to jump into the $500 minimum buy-in game because it was soft and ended up winning in that game too, after realizing all my sports picks had hit and feeling lucky.

Been running shitty for about two months so the change is nice. At least while it lasts. Now it's 6:50 a.m. and I'm about to crash if I can figure out what to do with all this clean laundry on my bed.

Here are my picks for today if anyone wants to ride with me:


P.S. I didn't go with Halladay last week and he was a beast, throwing a shutout. Doh!
4 years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats baby!.... those parlays rarely hit but it feels good doesn't it? I'm sure you already know this, but the 500-1500 @ commerce is sooo soft. Majority are action players and if you pick your spots, it is way +ev....
good luck and keep it up....

4years said...

I play that game probably about once a month and I usually win in it although I've never been in a game that has as much action as the $5/10 $500 min. buy-in game at Hollywood Park.

The reputation of the 5-1500 game at Commerce is that it's a bunch of Commerce grinders waiting for the nuts.. Do you agree at all? I will probably head there tomorrow, possibly play in the tournament but at least the cash games.

Anonymous said...

I agree that there are a lot of commerce grinders but from what i have experienced....quite a few of the other "regular" players crave action... A lot of the younger regulars will try and win pots w/ just position and top pair. I have never played @ hollywood park so maybe i'm the one who hasn't seen the light...haha I always buy in for 700-1000 and play max 2 buyins... After 19 sessions this year i'm +15,150. Unfortunately, when you get results that great you think you can take shots @ the 10/20.. but i'm guessing we've all been there. Good luck bud...keep in touch