The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cougar Bait pulls off the Laettner

I play in a Monday night basketball league at Beverly Hills High School. Our team name is Cougar Bait and we entered the first round of the playoffs as the #1 seed with an 8-2 record. Our opponent was "Hoosier Daddy," a team that reminds me of Gonzaga, complete with their own Adam Morrison Jr.

My team's bread and butter is a guy named Charles Rochelin, who played at UCLA in a 1986 starting lineup with Jack Haley, Pooh Richardson, and Reggie Miller. He's unstoppable in the post. Some of our other guys played college ball as well but not at the Pac 10 level.

Fuck man I just wrote a long ass blog explaining our epic playoff win in great detail and somehow blogger deleted that shit. Fuck.

Basically we had a big game, tied up with 1.1 seconds left. I usually like to run this play:



However, we opted for the '92 Duke play and I threw the inbounds from the opposite baseline to our 6'5" small forward Ryan, who caught it and hit a turn-around double clutch three pointer as time expired. I was happy that my court-long pass even got to him, but his shot was twice as good as the pass. I'm pretty sure he was fouled as well but the refs didn't call it and he sank the shot.

Next we play Run N Gun for the championship. They beat us by 30 when we didn't have Charles and we beat them by 20 when we did have Charles. Should be a good game.

No comments: