The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Thursday, November 13, 2008

To Whom It Concerns

I never really understood that "To Whom It Concerns..." but it works in many cases, especially this one.

It's the return of the blog star. More like the return of the writer who has nowhere else to write besides a blog, which is now anonymous due to different reasons in life... specifically a relationship and nosey counterparts. Although it's not really fair to call people nosey if I'm putting business out there in the open on the nets.

That brings me to my favorite phrase of all-time: It is what it is.

The best part about this blog is at the time I'm writing this (3:34 p.m. pst 11/13/08), I have exactly no readers. So "to whom it concerns," is a bit concerning to me only, because there's really no one that will read this unless people go back in archives after somehow stumbling upon this whole thing.

So I'll introduce myself as a jack of all trades who is the king of no trades. All my life I've been good at nearly everything I do, but great at nothing. It's actually quite a shitty problem to have on my hands. Not sure what to do about it but I guess it's better than sucking at everything and still not being great at anything. But if I had a kid, I would tell him/her to learn what they love to do and put 100% focus into that so you can become the best at it. No one gives a shit if you average 15 points in high school, had a 3.6 gpa or a .333 batting average. People want someone who is the best. So while it might sound good to be well-rounded, it might make more sense to just leave everything else alone and concentrate on one thing.

I really have no clue what the hell I'm talking about.

And that's the beauty of it.

4years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got linked to this blog from another poker site, whose name I will not mention in order to protect your annonymity. Good luck with the 401(k) loan....hey, at least you're giving your dream a shot.

Also, I have a poker table with It Is What It Is silk screened onto the center, and I play in a fantasy football league of the same name. It applies in so many walks of life.

4years said...

Yeah it's a classic, easy, and true line. Thanks for reading.