The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Friday, February 13, 2009

Action Thursday at Hollywood Park...



...and I didn't get much of the action.

All day while I was at work my boy was hitting me with texts like "You should be here, Adam Morrison and Jason Collins are giving money away" and "my table is crazy, i'm up 500 already" but I was restricted to my cubicle.

After work I had a basketball game at Beverly Hills HS and I played like shit and we lost. Not really because of me but it definitely didn't help that I was our go-to guy and I shot like 20%.

So after I finally ate dinner and showered, I got to Hollywood Park at 1030 p.m., sat down at the $400 game when my friend advised me that all the action players just left and the game is tight. Great!

I looked at all the $200 tables and they were all full and had a lot of action (Adam Morrison was on one of them just running through buy-ins like they were tic tacs) but I said "fuck it if I'm good I can beat this $400 game anyways" and I told my boy that also.

So I went on to play super agressive (usually not really my style) for about 30 minutes and went up $600 without having to show down.

Then a short stack made quad 9's on my AK (I was drawing dead on the 973 flop when I c-bet him all-in).

Another hand that I was mad about a guy blind raised to $20 five players called. I called in middle position with QT. The flop comes QJ9 rainbow and the original blind raiser bets $40. The guy on my left barely made a move but I felt that he was excited to see this bet in front of him. At this point, I should have folded. But I didn't and I called the $40. The guy on my left raised to $100, the original raiser calls and I have to call, hoping for a king on the turn. The turn is a 4, we check to the raiser and he bets $200 and we both fold. I would have loved myself if I was able to lay that QT down right there as I just sensed a raise coming from my left but I was stubborn and it cost me.

Anyways I was summoned to meet up with some friends so I left around midnight at +$315 to keep the streak alive. The action at HP was great though with Terrell Thomas there (not that he's a bad player), Jason Collins and Adam Morrison, who apparently were both refusing to fold to any pre-flop raises, and the normal HP Thursday night crowd.

The good news is that I don't feel like I've really been winning much but I'm right on pace halfway through the month to hit my goal of $7k/month. Not having a losing session is really helping right now since I've only had one big session so far this month.

2009 Numbers:
January: 120.75 hrs., +$14,873.00

February: 28.5 hrs., +$3550
02.03.09 2.5 hrs., +$150
02.06.09 5.5 hrs., +$60
02.07.09 3.25 hrs., +$540
02.08.09 11 hrs., +$2410
02.10.09 4.5 hrs., +$75
02.12.09 1.5 hrs., +$315

No comments: