The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Boring Session

Let me just sum this up real quick: I played 4.5 hours last night and won $75.

Technically I think I played two sessions because I showed up for 15 minutes and had to leave to do something for a couple hours. In that first 15 minutes, I lost $250 playing like a dumbass. I basically called a guy all the way down with pocket deuces and he had pocket tens. I'm a moron.

I realized that this was a loss and I actually wasn't sure if I was going to go back but I ended up going back and immediately winning $200 in the $200 game before I went to the $400 game. In the $400 game I won $180 in 25 minutes so I was there for 40 minutes and was up $380, but when you take out the original $250 I was down then I was really up just $130.

I left the $400 game because it was dead and went to an action table in the $200 game with some of the classic players at Hollywood Park, guys like Money Train and Deion, and I ran my stack to +$350 before shitting it away on I don't know what. It just went down steadily before I left down $55 on that table.

So when it was all said and done I made $75 last night. Nice to book another winning session (does that count as one session? I'm counting it as one session for the purpose of my own goals... kind of like an infield single during a hitting streak), I guess I'll just try not to lose until I can get another big session. Works for me. I know, very boring.

So let me give some highlights of Deion's table talk:

We're four handed. Deion makes it $25. Guy on the button re-raises to $85. Deion calls. Flop comes A-7-3. Guy puts Deion all-in for $135, Deion says "Fuck it I call." River comes a 6 and Deion shows 7c6c, guy turns over A-10 and says "Did you really think you were good? How can you call that? Everyone knew what I had except you!" Deion replies with "I need money and you got money, that's how I can call that. Why you bullshittin!"

Deion to new player: "I'm a crack you like a breakfast egg at Denny's! Why you bullshittin!"

Player on tilt to Deion: "Yeah you have $950 in front of you and you're still down $1300. I can't imagine how big of a loser you are in this place." Deion: "Yeah, but I'm a winner outside those doors baby! If you gon' tell the story, don't just tell half the story, tell the whole story! Why you bullshittin!"

There were a ton of other quotes but I can't remember them at the moment. He had us in stitches with his shit talking when he was winning. Obviously like everyone else when he started losing he went quiet but it was good comedy while it lasted.

2009 Numbers:
January: 120.75 hrs., +$14,873.00

February: 27.0 hrs., +$3235
02.03.09 2.5 hrs., +$150
02.06.09 5.5 hrs., +$60
02.07.09 3.25 hrs., +$540
02.08.09 11 hrs., +$2410
02.10.09 4.5 hrs., +75

Cuatro AƱos.

1 comment: