The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Friday, April 10, 2009

Pissed @ Me



Played a somewhat short session last night and just gave my money away pretty much in a hand that more than backfired on me. I'll just go through that hand and you can squint your eyes in disbelief.

I'm in the BB with appx. $750. Tight player in middle position raises to $35 with appx. $650 behind. Button (average player with huge stack) calls. I call in the BB with QhTh.

Flop comes ATT rainbow with one heart. I check, guessing that tight player is going to continuation bet or bet his AQ/AK. He checks. Button checks. Ugh.

Turn is a six, looks good. I bet out $100 to get action and hoping to look like a bluff. Tight player instantly shoves all-in. Button thinks for a LONG time and folds. Based on the way he was going over the hand, I put the button on the other ten so I've ruled out that the tight player has a ten. Now I'm thinking he has pocket sixes and just doesn't want the ace or ten to fill up.

This is where I go into moron stage.

I was already in for one buy-in and had rebought and worked my stack up to the $700. After going over the hand in my head, the only hand I can put him on to shove is either AK (suicide) or 66. For some reason I decide the old "if he has me, he has me," and call and he obviously shows 66. I miss the river and muck.

Then some guy says "You called him with the ace?" and I don't say anything. Then the button player who folded says "I would have beat you with my 9T anyways" and I shake my head at myself in disbelief. I always tell myself to bet out hard even when I have the nuts because based on my table image and the way I look, I more often than not get tons of action and get paid off on my monsters. This would have been a perfect situation to double up through the button player as he would have been trapping me after the flop with the worst hand. Only I let the tight player see the turn for free and gave him my stack.

Ugh. Couldn't believe I did that. Dropped $1000 in three hours for the night.

2009: +$24671
January: 120.75 hrs., +$14,873
February: 77.75 hrs., +$8520
March: 69 hrs., -$1220

April: +$2498
04.01.09: +$978
04.03.09: +$220
04.04.09: +$3620
04.05.09: -$1320
04.09.09: -$1000

Next week I'm gonna attempt to teach myself discipline, which is something I haven't really exercised in my life since high school. It'll be interesting.

No comments: