The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sigh of relief



Ever since my last session I've been constantly telling myself that next time I go play, I'm going to minimize my mistakes and do everything within my power to not make any. So last night I went and played and was successful in that.

I can only really remember losing a couple hands at showdown and in one of them I ran my kings against a guy's aces. He was relatively short-stacked (about $450 or so) so it didn't kill me and I also couldn't really get away pre-flop when he went all-in, although he was a tight player.

But the guy in the picture above showed up and turned out to be a HUGE donk. He played for about an hour and a half and literally folded only two hands pre-flop. So he probably played 48/50 hands or something like that. Anyways, he was directly to my right. Here were two hands where I got him:

I have 8s4s in middle/late position. Flop comes K32 with two spades. He bets $10 into a $50 pot and I'm the only caller. The turn is the king of spades. Bingo. At this point I'm hoping he has a king, which is what I'm putting him on. He bets $100 and I make it $200 and he insta-calls. The river is the Queen of clubs and he comes out and bets $100 so I call and he turns over T3 offsuit. True story.

That hand was really the hand that exposed his donkish ways to the table. Before that, everyone was a little wary of him and no one had gotten into a big pot with him. However, the table was about seven regulars, him, and a tight player so clearly everyone was after his stack.

Two hands after I bet him with the 8s4s, another player felted him with AA vs. his K7 when he flopped a king. He rebought for $400 from the small blind.

I'm in the big blind and the table folds around to him. Normally this is a chop situation (actually 99.9% of the time it is) but he is confused as to what's going on when the dealer is asking him if he wants to chop or play the hand and he throws in $15. I tell the dealer it's fine, we'll play the hand out and I check with my J4 offsuit. Then the flop comes J44. This was truly a "WTF" moment for me as I prayed he had a jack or even better a 4. He bets out $10. I have no idea what to do because I want this pot to get bigger but I just call the $10. The turn brought a second club and he bet $20. I contemplated min-raising him but decided if he had any kind of overcard or draw that I wanted him to get there so I just called. The river brings a third club and he bets $60 with about $300 behind. I go all-in and he insta-calls with 3c8c. He leaves the table, the game breaks, and I put him on blast on my blog. End of story.

I went to San Jose for the weekend but just to chill with family for Easter so that's a boring story.

For years..

2009: +$27141
January: 120.75 hrs., +$14,873
February: 77.75 hrs., +$8520
March: 69 hrs., -$1220

April: +$4968
04.01.09: +$978
04.03.09: +$220
04.04.09: +$3620
04.05.09: -$1320
04.09.09: -$1000
04.13.09: +$2470

1 comment:

The D.E.F.I. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.