The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Back to Reality

Well that was fun while it lasted.

I played on two sorry ass $200 tables last night and ended up down $880 in a short time (three hours).

I made one terrible decision when I called an extremely tight player's all-in with KQ on a king high board and he obviously had AK.

After that I had 52 in the big blind and the flop was 5-2-3 (with two clubs), I bet $40 and got two callers. The turn was a 5. I checked and a guy bet out $60 so I called hoping he would catch a flush and the river was a jack, filling him up with J-5 and I called his $150 on the river.

Then I got my kings cracked by A-7 offsuit after being all-in preflop. I limped UTG with KK and everyone limped to the button who shoved for $120. He got one caller so I went all-in for $300 and he flopped an ace.

So it was just a bad day, hopefully I'll do better next time. I also lost like $34 of my $44 on Full Tilt in two tournaments ($24 17k guaranteed and a $10 KO tourney).

I think I'm going to play the $400 next time I go because it forces me to concentrate a little harder, which hopefully will help me avoid donkish plays like the KQ play.

BR is at $8015 now.

4years.

No comments: