The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Friday, December 5, 2008

Lost $220



Had a very swingy session yesterday. I played well but just ran into some bad hands and could have played one hand better... before I know it I was in for $1100.

My first buy-in was lost when I got KK under the gun and attempted to limp, then re-raise. So I call the $5 and sure enough a guy who has late position raises to $40. Everyone folds to me and I decide to just call and play the flop. The flop comes 777. I check and he bets $25. I raise to $100 and he calls. At this point I'm putting him on a hand like JJ or TT. The turn comes a 9 and I bet out $100. He smooth calls. Now I put him on aces. If he has a hand like QQ, JJ, TT or even KK, I think he's going to put me all-in on the turn. The river was a rag and I checked to him. He put me all-in for my last $80, I call and he has aces.

Next buy-in I make it $20 with Ac7c. Two callers by two good players. The flop comes A-K-7 with two spades. I bet out $35, one guy goes all-in for like $85 and the other guy just calls. So I make it $185 and the guy still calls but doesn't raise so I don't have him on AK or better. The turn is an off-suit 10 and I go all-in for about $160 more. He thinks for a while and calls and hits his spade on the river, but he was also open-ended with 8s9s so I don't blame him for the call. Not much I can do there.

My next buy-in is the one where I deserve some blame. I have 66 and limp. A guy who is tight-weak makes it $30. The small blind calls and I call in middle position. The flop comes K-6-9 with two spades and we both check to the raiser, who starts to bet but then checks brilliantly. That's where I mis-played the hand, I should have come out firing. The turn is an 8 and the small blind comes out and bets $200, which covers me. I call for my last $180 and then the original raiser shows his 5-7 straight face-up and actually thinks about folding before moving all-in. That's when the guy who bet $200 folds and I miss the river full house.

After that I went on a semi-heater and ran my stack up to $1080 and changed tables, down $20 at this point. I changed tables and continued to play well, going up about $500 or $600. Then I made a bad call on a guy and caught the nut flush draw on the turn and called another $100, so I lost about $250 on that hand, lost some more and then lost my entire buy-in before leaving, leaving me down $220. Now my BR is at $4580.

Going to try and play a bunch between Sat night and Sunday this weekend.

Thanks for the comments on the pro revelation.

4years!

No comments: