The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Biggest Suckout of the Year + 2009 Numbers



I definitely made my biggest/worst/best suckout of the year early this morning to start off March. After the hand I was embarrassed although I'll take the money. My opponent completely outplayed me and got me to put my money in with four outs.

Here's how it played out.

The table is loose-weak with a ton of action. As soon as I came to the table I began raising to isolate the bad players and won a couple hundred right off the bat ($200 buy-in). One player complained about me betting with king high on the flop and hitting the king on the turn in one of my early hands and my table image is loose-aggressive.

I'm under the gun with 77 and raise to $30. I get one caller on the button. It's the same player that I beat with the king. He bluffed on the river when he missed his 6-high straight draw and I called him with a pair of kings.

We see the flop and it's 3-4-6 with two clubs. This is a good flop for me and I bet out $50. He makes it $150 and I call, knowing that a 5 makes my hand and he could also be trying to bet me off my hand. The turn is the queen of diamonds. I check and he moves all-in for $300 and I have about $230 left. I can't figure out why the queen didn't slow him down as I obviously could have AQ. The all-in bet felt like he was trying to get me off my hand. I don't think he put me on a flush draw because I was the pre-flop raiser. Anyways I put him on a pair and a flush draw or a straight draw with a flush draw, etc. I call, the river is a 5 making my straight and he shows pocket queens for the turned set.

Yuck. I'll take it.

Here are my charts/numbers so far this year. I ended up playing an additional session on Saturday because I'm starting a separate bankroll for a different cause, I'll probably play with this second bankroll every third session or so. Basically myself and two other friends put together $3000 for me to play with for a specific purpose. I won $700 in a few hours in the first session with BR2.









2009 Numbers: 198.5 hrs., +$24398; BR2: +$700
January: 120.75 hrs., +$14,873
February: 77.75 hrs., +$8520

March: 3.25 hrs., +$1005
03.02.09 0.75 hrs., +$105
03.03.09 2.5 hrs., +$900

Four! Years!

No comments: