The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Sadness



Tonight at midnight this beautiful month of March will finally come to an end. I just added up my sessions and I wasn’t nearly as big of a loser and it felt like. I guess the tournament win paired with my last session on Sunday kept me afloat. Without those two big wins I’m looking at a $-6k month. So basically I had so many losing sessions that it felt like I was getting my ass kicked all month long. Actually I was getting my ass kicked.

I finally ran bad taking some ugly beats. One particular in the $5/10 unlimited buy-in game at Hollywood Park. My aces ran up against KJ. Flop comes K-3-4 and I’m sure one of the two pre-flop callers has a king. One guy had made it $40 pre-flop, the button called and I made it $170 in the small blind. Both players called. On the flop I bet $250 to get a call from the king and he did. The turn was a 2 and I went all-in for $800 and he called to river the king.

I had some good luck as well in my last session so I’m not complaining. One hand in particular when I called with 8s4s on the button. The flop comes J-8-3 with two spades. One loose player bets out $50 and another loose player calls. I raise to $170 and they both call. The turn is the 4 of hearts and they check to me. I bet $350 and the initial bettor calls, then the second player puts her last $200 in the middle. The river is the 4 of diamonds and I put the player all-in for his last $400 and he insta-calls with QcJd. The other player claims she flopped two pair but she was blatantly lying. I put her on one queen or 9-10.

Anyways, with some investments such as my car, a new business and some untimely splurging, my month stung financially. I’m looking forward to getting my taxes out of the way and jumping back on the horse in April. Two months until the WSOP kicks off and I’d like to have my bankroll around $30k heading to Vegas that last weekend of May.

Outside of poker I’m playing in three basketball leagues and my game is slowly coming back, although I hate playing the post on all these teams. I never thought I’d be playing down low so much at 6’0” but I’m one of the tallest guys on all three of my squads. My high school program finished #7 in the country overall and ran away with the Washington state title so that’s always nice to see. Somehow I think I’m one of the only people ever to play for my high school and not play in college. Yes, I’m a donk. Or an idiot for quitting my junior year. Or both, obviously.

I was in four bracket pools and had Memphis. I was in first in one of them until Memphis got their asses ran. GG fellas.

I got back in the studio last night and we recorded two of my verses for some tracks that I’m feeling. I haven’t recorded on original beats that I actually own (along with my boy) in a long time so that felt good. All in all, I’m feeling real good heading into April even though March was a hit to my pocket.

Peace and good luck bruddas.

March



2009

2 comments:

crookedlink said...

The 09 graph is looking good bro. Keep it up.

4years said...

Thank you sir! Hopefully I'll get it moving in the right direction again tonight. Peace