The Great Chillout - "Poker Face Remix"

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March Madness



So far March has been up and up and down and down and up and up and down. Should have been up and up and up but I was really in "action mode" a bit too much on Sunday and paid off this horrible player by trying to get her off her pocket ten's on a board that was Q-8-7-7 (flop Q-8-7 and I had check-raised her on the flop).

Sometimes it happens, I made the wrong move on the wrong player.

So now I'm about a third through the month and only up like $900 or something around there.

It's time to refocus because I've been spending some money and I need to conserve it right now.

Last night I had a 'home game' at work with some co-workers. I was playing extremely loose and gambling just to keep the action going because it would have been too boring otherwise. We played $.50/1.00 blinds and for a few hands I was challenging this guy to raise blind with me. So I raise my button blind to $9 and he re-raises all-in from his big blind. I asked him if he looked at his cards and he said "no," I asked him "So you're going all-in blind?" and he said "Yeah." So I say "Okay" and call his all-in blind. Then he goes "Well I looked I have ace-high," and I'm like "Uhh... ok." Then two aces and two kings hit the board and I'm a little hot because it was a dirty play but he can still take the money since I knew I was gambling but he refuses to take the money so I'm not sure what the point of him lying about it was. Everything was cool but it completely changed the complexion of the game and playing for fun with the blind raises. I either won or lost $20, I have no idea because I rebought about three/four times and have no idea how much money I had in my pocket. I did buy everyone pizza and soda so I guess I ended the night down money.


It was nice to see Huck Seed take down the NBC Head's Up Championship, it's amazing how well he plays in that tournament. I can't believe Rousso beat Ivey but she was obviously playing well and went all the way to the 'ship.

I want to know wtf is up with the Antonious/Durrr challenge because it seems like it was a huge publicity stunt at this point. Once April/May comes around there's no way they'll be able to finish it. I think Durrr wanted to achieve living legend status and figured this would be a way to do it and I gotta give him some credit, it worked.

I also read this whole Shaniac/Shannon Shorr shit that was going on between two poker (pros) and I thought it was bullshit. Obviously I don't think Shorr deserves to be in the NBC head's up tournament but at the same time his own blog is his space to vent about whatever he wants so who really cares if he does? Shaniac obviously has nothing of his own to talk about. I have no idea who Shaniac is but he's a name on the internet and has a lot of followers who are happy to co-sign with him. I say get your own life.

My hoop game is going downhill and I'm not sure why. My room looks like it just went through Hurricane Katrina and my new car needs new brakes, not to mention my old car needs a new front bumper because I let my boy borrow it and he casually mentioned that he ran over a cone that ended up being stuck on the bottom of the car.

Time to grind!

2009 Numbers: 218.75 hrs., +$24,543; BR2: +$700
January: 120.75 hrs., +$14,873
February: 77.75 hrs., +$8520

March: 23.50 hrs., +$1150
03.02.09 0.75 hrs., +$105
03.03.09 2.5 hrs., +$900
03.03.09 5.0 hrs., +$1145
03.05.09 1.75 hrs., -$1900
03.06.09 3.0 hrs., +$1730
03.07.09, 6.5 hrs., +$785
03.08.09, 4.0 hrs., -$1615

4 years

No comments: